Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reconstruction

Well, it's been a frustrating couple of weeks as I worked to "fix" some of the problems in Dragon Hunters. At the same time, I've been trying to follow what I consider to be good advice, to cut the story down. Unfortunately, that's not working for me.

So I've gone back to the Master Storyline and restored all of the chapter titles and descriptions for the chapters that I have cut and/or moved to other places. Then I went to my collection of chapter parts and added in the bits that I have cut out. At least the ones that I have copies of.

Now this is going to result in a bigger overall story and a bunch more chapters. The current storyboard is 33 chapters long. But it will give me a chance to tell the story the way I want to. When I'm done, then I'll figure out how to cut it up. If I have 150,000 words, then maybe I'll cut it into the three stories of 50,000 each. Shorter stories that become parts 1, 2, and 3 of the Dragon Hunters. They'd still be big enough at 50K each to market individually.

And I get to tell the story of the Drakkon my way!


Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...