Monday, November 5, 2018

It’s Just Draft “A”

Hello friends and fans of the DragonHawk Saga!

I’ve made pretty good progress on Dragon Revenge, working through a couple of new chapters last week. I had to remind myself that the Fourth Book of the DragonHawk Saga is only Draft “A” and is in the eaely stages of development. I target each book to around 150,000 words, which, works out to about 325 - 350 pages, Right now , Draft A is about 80,000 words and 164 pages. That’s a little more than halfway in my mind. 

Meanwhile in The DragonHawk Saga, there’s a “Magor Galactic Event” about to happen thst will disrupt everyone’s agenda, changing everyone’s plans to dominate their rivals. It should be fun to write. 

I’m out of town for couple of weeks. I’ll be working on background that I’ll work into the story as a conversation between a couple of characters. It’s something I don’t think I do very well. Thus it’s one of the conflicts I have with my writing style and all the expert advice that I read on other blogs and sites. They claim you should get to the point, don’t write about stuff that doesn’t add to the main storyline. Don’t waste your reader’s time with unimportant details!

People have complained about Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series saying the books were too long and too complicated. Thirteen massive books with multiple complicated storylines. I enjoyed the books. I like the extra characters and all the details. I try to write with that style. I can only hope I’m as successful as Robert Jordan. 

The DragonHawk Saga is a story that spans multiple generations of Star Traders. They strive to advance their civilization, only to discover they must embrace their past in order to gain the future.

I hope you will stay with me on this adventure. I’ll work hard to keep you with me, wondering what will happen next. 

As always, thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...