Friday, June 8, 2012

More About Rabbit Holes

I fell down a rabbit hole the other day. Just now climbing out of it after two days of writing some stuff that has nothing to do with the DragonHawk Saga.

I won't tell you what I wrote about because my rabbit holes are private.

There's a training rabbit hole close by that I discovered about 4:30 PM this afternoon at work. Fortunately I was able to avoid it until 5 pm when I left for the weekend. Don't know if I will be able to avoid it all weekend. With a little effort, this hole could be pretty deep.

What are rabbit holes?

Oh, you know, those random thoughts that sometimes fall in your path. Sometimes they blow by like a leaf. Other times they dart past like a squirrel jumping from one limb to another.

Some times they fall in your path - like a rabbit hole! Move over Alice! Here I come!

What about the training rabbit hole I dodged?

I'm an Instructional System Designer. I try to design instructional systems that will enable my clients to train their workers. I don't do Organizational Development, Coaching or Manager Training. The most important people in the organization are the people that get the work done. Their training is often ignored unless the government is mandating it.

I digress.

Well, today I fell in a rabbit hole and found this really great design for a training system that will help my client. I just hope I can stay out of that rabbit hole until Monday. Otherwise Elias and Annie will never take that walk after dinner on the Tycho Pride and start to fall in love with each other.

And if they don't fall in love, they won't get married.

And if they don't fall in love, they can't have three kids, Kian, Lian, and Morgan.

And if Morgan is not born... Well, then the Great Dragon may never return!


Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...