Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Back! To the Future... or is it Back to the Past!

Well, I am stalled out again, in my quest to document the DragonHawk Saga. With the hope of stirring the creative juices, I decided to explore my collection of chapter parts, old manual versions, and old versions of stories.

All told I have:
  • 679,819 words and 2,613 pages of current version stories
  • 68,199 words and 267 pages of current version manuals
  • 134,612 words and 491 pages of chapter parts
  • 3,403,991 words and 12,615 pages of old story versions
  • 355,533 words and 1.082 pages of old manul versions
That's a total of 4,642,154 words and 17,068 pages of stuff!

While I was digging through this history of my writing, I came across the original version of Gateway Station, the original story that started my on my quest. I thought I would read through it and see how far I have strayed from my original idea.

At the same time, I updated the template and will make any grammar or composition errors I find. I tend to use the word "that" too much. In the original 1180 pages of the story (327,987 words), I have used the word "that" 3537 times!

So, I'm going back through Gateway Station, going back to the future to see if I get things back on track. Maybe I'll convert it to an E-book and see what happens.

Now, where did that flux capacitor go? Anyone know where I can get some plutonium?


Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...