Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Alive!

The Master Storyboard, that is.

It has taken life as a big Excel spreadsheet. Right now, I am going back through all the books, writing summaries of each chapter (or a description of what I want to happen) for The Dragon Hunters, The DragonHawks, and Dragon Summer. Still have Dragon's Revenge, and the Dragon's Return to add. I like the way it is working out, I think it is going to be a handy tool to sort out this big long storyline.

I think the pro's (That's the people that have been spamming me to buy their "expert" software that will solve all my writing problems for me!) call it "backstory".

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. Or as a friend of mine is fond of saying: "pole vaulting over mouse droppings". (He says it a bit different, but you get my drift...)

Anyway, I'll sort the details out to my satisfaction and then press on with the writing. At least now, I have a tool to keep track of things!

The moral of the story: It's my plot, my characters, my story. I'm not going to let somebody else reshape it with their tools.

Cheers!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...