Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Master Storyboard

If you have been reading my blog, you know how many problems I have been having with my writing. Last night I started on a new tool that I hope will help me fix the stories. I call it the Master Storyboard. I intend for it to be the official master list of all the DragonHawk stories by book and chapter.

Its in an Excel format so it is flexible and expandable. Hopefully it will help me get my thoughts back on track.

Bottom line, things are pretty hectic around here these days. To add to my "angst", my main pc for writing has major problems. One of the software updates (from AVG anti-virus software) broke Windows 7 and the computer was stuck in a constant restart and shutdown loop.

So my "IT Department", my two sons David and Will, are going to rebuild it for me, adding a 1 Terra Byte hard drive! Looking forward to filling that bad boy up!

The moral of the story? Back your stuff up, on an external drive, a separate drive on your network, or one of the online storage programs. Just do something. I have my stuff pretty well organized, but it still took me 3 hours to move it all to this laptop until the other computer is up.

In the meantime, its back to the storyboard!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...