Friday, November 20, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do...

I made be giving away my age by borrowing a phrase from a Neil Sedaka song. Nevertheless it describes what I am trying to do. Break parts of Tycho Station off and put them in a new story, The Dragon Hunters. The primary goal being to reduce the size of Tycho Station.
There is a lot background in Tycho Station that describes how the various characters and forces came to be, enough to spread the action between two stories. Its good practice. The original Gateway Station (about fifteen seasons after the end of Tycho Station) is three stories: Dragon Summer, Gaanard Station and Gateway Station. Those stories run parallel to Heritage, the story of the Horath War. Lots to write about...
I want to apologize for not posting sooner. I started a new job this week and have been pretty busy and kinda in a bad mood in the evening. Partially because of other factors, but mostly because I was not sure what I wanted to do with my stories. Now that I have made my decision, hopefully I can move steadily forward.
Part of my mood was the discovery that I made last weekend that the company I was discussing publishing with is under indictment in a couple of states for fraud against authors. According to what I learned, they take your story, have someone "more talented" than you and rewrite it. Then market it. I won't name the company because I don't want to get involved in any potential legal drama. So we will just add the information to the database in the Sollar Star and move on to the next planet...
With this post tonight you will see a picture of Baby Girl. She likes to sleep on the desk while I work. It's very relaxing to reach over and absently scratch her while I contemplate the Star Trader Galaxy.
I'd like to hear from you, so leave some comments!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...