Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tycho Station: Next Step Forward...

Saturday I received an e-mail from a book marketing company that wants to read Tycho Station. I thought about it off and on yesterday while we were attending the Wings over Houston airshow. (Blue Angels Rule!). This morning, after making some planned edits, I decided that I would go ahead and send the story to them. According to the e-mail, they should get back to me in about a week.
Cindy and I are going on a road trip next week. Just up into Arkansas to look at the fall foliage in the Ouachita National Forest. I haven't been in that part of Arkansas in a long time. I mean a really long time ago. (Don't worry Dave, I keep telling myself. You are not going anywhere near any of your relatives...)
Meanwhile, I have shifted my attention to The Dragon Hunters. I decided that there was too much background being explained in Tycho Station, so I am trying to write some of that as a separate story. But if this company likes Tycho Station, then I will have to work with them on any editing and start writing on the sequel. I guess it depends on what they have to say about the overall concept.
I guess I am being a bit cynical about the whole thing. I am not sure what this company will think of my writing abilities or my story telling abilities. Or if they think the whole thing is a waste of time. I guess I won't mind so much if they reject it. I just don't want the whole deal to turn out to be some sort of subsidy publishing gimmick.
In the meantime, got to get moving on a real website...
If you happen to read this blog, leave me some comments. I'd like to hear what you think!
Thanks,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...