Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dragon Hunters: The Next Step Towards Publishing

The Next Step Towards Publishing:

Recognizing that 150,000 words and 500+ pages is too large, unless you are Robert Jordan.

Okay, as much as I still think it would be a good story in one  piece, I recognize that I probably should start smaller. So I have broken Dragon Hunters into two parts. Part 1 is about 72,000 words while Part 2 is about 52,000. Part 1 needs a quick read through to make sure it works, but Part 2 needs some more rewrite.

So, I'll go back through Part 1 and make sure it works. Then move on to Part 2.

Almost time to go public, via the web and a search for an agent/publisher. Also time to go public by doing something that is very hard for me. Letting someone else read my work. That's going to be the really hard part. I tend to want to hang on...

Its a bad trait to have if you write for a living. But I've got to take the plunge and go for it!

Wish me luck!


Thanks for reading!

Dave



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...