Thursday, July 8, 2010

When you lose suction, you switch tanks!

If you work in the energy industry, you probably know what that means. But how does it apply to writing?

If you run out of ideas for one story, you switch to another? That will work, especially when you have ten stories to write (3 in actual writing process, 1 supposed to be complete but needs more editing!)

But if you are embroiled in a writing contest and need to write 1700 words a day and you are already 12,000 words behind, what do you do?

The only thing I can think to do is to jump to another chapter in the same book and try the story from a new approach.

That's what I'm going to try tonight. I'll let you know how that works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...