Thursday, August 12, 2010

Behind the Scenes in the DragonHawk Saga

Hello faithful readers,

I have worked my way through the first eight chapters of Tycho Station. So far I have cut 1 whole chapter, 16 pages and over 4400 words from the story. The goal is to make it read better, more active and less passive. I feel pretty good about the results so far.

Meanwhile, the story I started for the 2010 Challenge, Dragon's Revenge, did not survive. I have cut it up into pieces and merged it into Dragon Summer. I hope to streamline Dragon Summer, removing a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the main story.

I feel good about all the changes. I think I am bringing the main storyline into better focus. After I finish the edit on Tycho Station, I will go back to Dragon Summer and finish it up. Then I need to get Dragon Hunters, the first story, properly written.

Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...