Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pondering and Plotting

No writing today. Maybe.

I met an author whose books I really enjoy reading last night. Her name is Kim Harrison and she writes an Urban Fantasy series about a witch, Rachel Morgan. Last night she was signing copies of book 9 in the series, Pale Demon.

She and the other author at the signing, Patricia Briggs, talked a lot about their writing. I think I like Kim's style, because it fits in with what I have tried to do. She talked about plotting out her stories, then when she starts to write, she knows what she wants to do and just lets it all go.

If you have been reading my blog, you know in the past I have had problems with storylines going awry. So today I will do some pondering and plotting, try to nail down the backstory and make sure that Dragon Hunters is on track. After all, it is the first story. Everything else has to flow from here!

Check out Kim Harrison at http://www.kimharrison.net/. And if you want to read some good books, get yourself a copy of Dead Witch Walking, the first book in the Rachel Morgan series!

Cheers!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...