Friday, May 4, 2012

The Good News and the Bad News

Last night's meeting of the Bay Area Writer's League, BAWL, was one of the best meetings I have attended. Our guest speaker was Denise Little, an accomplished, writer, editor, publisher, and agent, with big time New York credentials. She talked for about commercial fiction, a subject she is very familiar with. The authors she has worked with, Tom Clancey and JanetYavonovich just to mention a few...
Anyway, she talked about writing fiction. I'm not going to try and repeat everything she said. You can search her name of the Internet and see  for yourself. (I hate the phrase: "Google it!" by the way!). I had a sort of a breakthrough last night while I was listening to her. I realized what I have been doing is wrong. Too long, too much background, not enough pop...

So that's the good news: I've been doing things wrong...

And the bad news? Well the bad news is that I've been doing things wrong...

I've got some serious editing to do. I use MS Word, so I think I will turn on Track Changes and see how that works...

Lots of work to do...


Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...