Monday, May 21, 2012

A Romance Author? I don't think so...

I've spent most of the week rewriting a chapter of Dragon Hunters. The chapter is about a reception that the Tolen and Blom Spaceyards is holding at the Gaanard Trade Station to introduce their plans for a new starship repair facility at the Conborine Space Port, on the planet of Conbor in the OutWorlds.
Well, the reception is organized by Tolen Elder Manchor Tolen's niece Annie Tolen, who works in his office as his assistant.

If you have been reading my blog and my chapters from the other stories then you might recognize Annie Tolen, aka Annie Tolen Hawkes, the wife of Elias Hawkes. Well this book and the next one, Dragon's Heart will be the story of how Elias and Annie met and fell in love. The reception is the story of how they met and realized that each was a DragonHawk.

I don't write romance very well, so I am struggling with this chapter and others in this story. Then in the next story, Dragon's Heart, I have to write about their romance, courtship, and eventual massive spectacle of a wedding. In the meantime, the war continues to rage in the InWorlds and the Dragon Hunters are growing stronger and bolder...

Maybe I'll have to start reading romance stories to get a feel for how to go about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...