Sunday, November 4, 2012

More Thoughs About Dragon Summer

So, if you are writing a series, can the Protagonist change from story to story?

If the DragonHawk Saga is about the Return of the Great Dragon, is the Great Dragon the only Protagonist allowed?

What about the people responsible for the Great Dragon's return?

What about his family and the trials and tribulations they go through to make it possible for the Return of the Great Dragon to occur?

Does all of this "stuff" get relegated to back story?

What if the Protagonist is an idea? A belief in a better future?

Who or what is the ruling authority on this sort of thing? Or is this based on some sort of writing school, writing industry conventional wisdom?

Why can't my readers experience the struggles, dreams, and failures of previous generations as they battle against all sorts of evil in the quest for the Return of the Great Dragon?

Does that mean I will never be published? That I will never be a successful writer because I didn't play by the rules?

I don' know the answer to these questions. I know what the conventional wisdom is. But I don't believe I have to comply with the conventional wisdom.


Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...