Sunday, November 4, 2012

Having that Dragon Summer Thing...

Dragon Summer has always been one of my favorite parts of the DragonHawk Saga. It is the original start of the entire saga, the story of an orphan boy determined to find his family. Everything else you have read about here on my blog orignated from that idea.

Dragon Summer grew as Morgan returned to the Star Trader Galaxy to attend the Star Trader School and reclaim his place as the leader of the Tycho Star Traders - the StarHawke Tycho.

Then I met some other writers and had the opportunity to participate in their summer version of the annual National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo. This group celebrated the event in the summer, during the month of July, so that their kids - really talented kids - could participate.

Tycho Station was born that first summer. Dragon Hunters, and Dragon Heart also grew out of those summer events. As I wrote these stories, I began to ask where these stories were leading and how would I bring them to some sort of conclusion.

That's brought us to today, where I have returned to the original story Gateway Station. I started editing and updating the story to comply wth the existing rules and story versions.

The purpose of all of this rewrite? That's complicated...

In the meantime, read an exercept from Gateway Station on the ne Gateway Station page!

Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...