Friday, April 16, 2010

Back up and do it right?

Wednesday I received a rejection e-mail from the Donald Maass Agency. Really bummed me out for a couple of days. I was already in a funk, and that news did not help. Not that I hadn't expected it.

But Heinlein's Rules are starting to take effect so I should get back to work soon. Maybe a bit this weekend.

The problem is that I really want to rewrite Tycho Station. That would be breaking the rules... hmm...

Okay so last night I dug out an old document I started. The document is a history book, the history of the Star Folk and the Star Traders.  Its basically a twenty thousand year outline of the Star Folk and Star Trader.

I'm going to try to update and flesh it out some more. Try to resolve some issues by having something concrete to rely on. Then I might take a shot at Dragon Hunters this summer. July is NANOWRIMO at Rivendell, so maybe I will outline it and then start it during the contest. In between I'll work on Dragon Summer.

And sneak a peek at Tycho Station along the way.

Next week's job is to find another publisher or agent to send Tycho Station to.

In the meantime, I have been looking at a website called Smashwords. They take you paper based book and "smash it" into an e-book, Kindal doc that I could sell electronically on the web. Sounds interesting, so I'll have to look a bit further...

If I take Tycho Station the e-book route, I have to go through it and strip out the formatting, which would give me an excuse to edit it...

So, lots of options. Biggest problem is time. And patience. Got to stay patient to work a few hours here and there. And not stress out when things don't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...