Saturday, June 5, 2010

Getting Unstuck

For the last two weeks I have been stuck on Chapter 7 in Dragon Summer. The original plan I had was to have a bunch of short vignettes, consisting of Morgan's Dragon Dreams. Well, I could not make that work so I was trying to find a way to rewrite it.
What I am in the process of doing is dumping most of Chapter 7, salvaging only one of the dreams that is moved into Chapter 8. Which will now become Chapter 7.
It's like the hack and slash I talked about earlier. In the past I have been hesitant to delete, even cut, saving bits and pieces of everything. Now not so much. And I think it is helping my writing.
Meanwhile, back to work. Its 10:15 PM and I want to fix the new Chapter 7 before the night ends. The end of the first part of Dragon Summer is rapidly approaching and the Shining White Walls are near!

Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment or just say hello!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...