Saturday, June 8, 2013

A Dragon Hunter Update

Last week I finished Part 1 of Dragon Hunter, Gaanard Bay. A few days later, I finished the Battle of Conborine, Part 2. I started work on reformatting and editing Part 1 for the Kindle, and sent copies out to three  friends who are acting a Beta readers critiquing, commenting and criticizing.

Since then, I decided I didn't like Part 1 as a standalone part. It seemed too small. And the change of formatting did something, I'm not sure what, to the text. Either the converter chopped up some sentences and words, or I had a bunch of errors I missed. So I'm going back through the full length version looking for errors. Of which I have found a bunch.

I could have sworn I wrote that whole sentence...

So the path forward from here is to finish this edit, fix the mistakes and then look to converting Dragon Hunters to e-book format. In addition to the Kindle, I intend to go after a Nook version as well.

On the website front, I haven't made much progress either. I've been looking at some of the basic packages, but I'm hung up on the templates and their default layouts. I really haven't found a generic one that I like. (I guess that's why they call them generic, huh?). They have layouts for every kind of small business or entrepreneurial service you can think of, except for half-mad writers with visions of grandeur. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet, pick one and do the best I can with it. At least until I become a rich, famous writer who can afford to hire a web designer and a graphics firm...

Speaking of graphics, I may have part of that problem in the process of being solved. An artist friend of mine is playing around with some of my ideas. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Or this case, the Trade Station, I need to get back to work on Dragon Hunters. I've edited 3 of what is now 35 chapters, a prologue, and an epilogue. 554 pages in double spaced manuscript format, and 147,548 words. I'd like to get a couple of more chapters finished today.

As always, thanks for reading!

Dave  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all in my head!

Hi there friends and readers of the DragonHawk Saga! It's Friday and I am happy to report I have resolved some of the major problems I...